Ballet Tech, the NYC Public School for Dance, provides its students with a high quality academic education and intensive, rigorous classical dance training.
Ballet Tech – a collaboration between the NYC Department of Education and Ballet Tech Foundation, Inc. – combines the best of public education and professional arts instruction. Students in the Lower School (grades 4-5) and Middle School (grades 6-8) study both academics and dance on-site at 890 Broadway. High School students attend the Professional Performing Arts School (PPAS) in Midtown for their academic classes and come to Ballet Tech for their dance training.
At a Glance
- Enrollment: 180 Students
- Academic Faculty: 11 (Grades 4 – 8)
- Dance Faculty: 10
- Average Class Size: 22
- Ballet Tech is rated “Excellent” in all areas impacting student achievement as demonstrated in our NYC School Quality Snapshot.
- In June 2016, 90% of our 8th graders took the Algebra I Regents Exam; 100% of them passed it!
- Because our students’ test scores rank in the top 20% in the state, Ballet Tech has been designated a “Rewards School” by the New York State Education Department.
- More statistics from the NYC Department of Education are here.